Thursday, August 23, 2012

My #MarliesHost Video Obsession

August 3rd, 11:00 AM

Working at your LHS keeps me pretty busy but not busy enough to prevent me from checking Twitter whenever I can. Lucky me, the Marlies made their Live Host search announcement almost immediately after I started scanning the news. I'd been applying to a lot of jobs since my Print Journalism graduation but none had appealed to me as much as a chance to combine my love of hockey and my love of journalism. 

After making a few calls or in this day of technology, texting a few people, my friend Alan agreed to help me and lend his expertise to my cause. We filmed much of my video at my LHS where I spend much of my time not only talking about hockey but outfitting others to safely enjoy the sport I love. From the wall of goalie pads to the wall of skates, there was nowhere we could film that the backdrop would not be a great shot of something hockey related. It was also my hope to do some filming on the ice, where I am truly at home. During the hockey season I spend almost every weekend reffing, working hard to pursue my dream of stepping on the ice at the Olympics. 

Fortunately for me I am surrounded by people who support me and are kind and awesome enough to help me out when I ask. I'd like to thank everyone at the Milton Sports Complex that allowed me time on the ice to film parts of my video. They helped me out even with the short notice and I believe its use really brought my video home for me. I've always been comfortable in front of the camera but I've never felt more at ease than talking about my love of hockey and my desire to be not only a part of but the face of the Marlies organization. 

Since the moment I submitted my video in the running I have been anxious to hear the result. With less than 24 hours until the deadline comes I can feel myself becoming more excited for the next step of the process. I can only hope that the Marlies see the passion that I feel so strongly in myself. My father and I never wish each other good luck before hockey games, only skill. I would always much rather be good than be lucky. Here's hoping.

Go Marlies Go.


No comments:

Post a Comment