Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Round 1 Suspensions

It's the first round of playoffs and we've already got 8 suspended players from various different series. Something about this season is just screaming unnecessary violence to me. As much as I think that Asham deserved to be suspended I'm wondering why Schenn didn't a game to go along with his. James Neal drilled Couturier and got a 1 game suspension for wanting to take down Giroux with him. Both of them marginal calls, and looking mostly at intent.

Shaw gets 3 games for Smith forgetting that he wasn't in a pool, he was actually on the ice. And as for Torres' charge on Hossa, I guess we will have to wait and see. Any guessing as to what suspension he'll get is beyond me with Shanahan's random number selections. I don't think the disciplinary committee is really where he belongs as far as NHL relations goes.

Now we get to wait and see. Any predictions?

No comments:

Post a Comment